My name is Sarah White and I am the Headteacher here. I started as the Headteacher in September 2013 and feel very fortunate to be able to lead such an amazing school. We are a team of dedicated and committed staff who always put the needs of our children before anything. We strive to always do our best and we love coming to work. Those of you who know Coates Lane will know that we are a community of friendly people who work hard and enjoy our jobs. We want to inspire and challenge everybody to reach their potential. Coates Lane Primary is a place to build friendships and develop skills for lifelong learning. When our pupils leave at the end of year 6 we always hope to send them off being ready for not only High School but with skills to use for the rest of their life!
Please take a look around our website at the wonderful world of Coates Lane Primary School.
1. We will INSPIRE every child:
- To develop a life-long love of learning, through providing an exciting, ever-evolving curriculum which meets their needs and interests.
- Through the provision of a welcoming and positive school environment which is conducive to high quality learning.
2. We will CHALLENGE every child:
- By encouraging an active, inquisitive approach to learning.
- To open their minds and value the thoughts and opinions of others.
- To develop their independence, innovation and individuality.
- By encouraging all pupils to have high aspirations and enabling them to believe in their abilities and talents and to believe that anything is possible.
3. We will unlock POTENTIAL:
- By ensuring that all pupils are both supported and challenged in their learning, with work being provided that enables them to make good progress.
- By creating an environment where the skills of every child are allowed to flourish and successes in all areas are celebrated with vigour.
4. We will make learning FUN:
- To ensure that pupils become independent, confident learners, unafraid of making mistakes.
- To enable pupils to explore and be imaginative, creative thinkers.
5. We will be SUPPORTIVE:
- By caring for and nurturing each individual child, so that they become reflective, thoughtful and respectful citizens.
- Through working in close partnership with parents and carers, helping them to understand the ways in which they can help their children to develop.
- By modelling desirable behaviour, conduct and personal presentation at all times and demonstrating a positive approach towards learning and each other.
6. We will be a learning COMMUNITY:
- By helping children to recognise and value the school, both as a community, and as part of a larger community.
- For pupils to understand the diversity, social and cultural richness of communities on both local and global levels.
- Where every member of our school community is proud to be associated with it.